RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD
Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical
Assistant, and Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintendent
Date of publication: 20.09.2014 Date & Time of Closing: 19.10.2014 up to 23.59 Hrs.
Date of Written Examination:
For Junior Engineer Group – Grade Pay Rs.4200 14.12.2014
(Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant):
For Senior Section Engineer Group - Grade Pay Rs.4600 21.12.2014
( Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintendent): ONLINE applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for the following posts of Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical &Metallurgical Assistant, Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintendent.
Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only ONLINE to the Railway Recruitment Board till 23.59 hrs of closing date.
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY BEFORE APPLYING:
The candidates applying for the post(s) of JE Group – Grade pay Rs 4200/- (Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical &Metallurgical Assistant) and SSE Group – Grade pay Rs 4600/- (Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintendent), should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post/examination. Admission of the candidates for the written examination(s) for the posts notified in this notification would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the ONLINE application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false /incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
2. EXAMINATION FEE: No examination fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen / Women/ Minorities/ Persons with Disabilities/Economically backward classes (refer to Para 4). For UR/OBC male candidates not coming within the purview of exempted categories, as above, examination fee is Rs.100/-.
3. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply ONLINE to any one RRB ONLY, separately for SSE and/or JE group, depending upon their eligibility, on the website of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) as indicated in Para 15. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications are available on the website of RRB(s). Brief Instructions to fill up the same are given in Para Nos. 5 and 5 (A) of this notification. Application to more than one RRB for the same group will lead to rejection of all the applications for that group.
4. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: The ONLINE application, complete in all respects, can be submitted to RRB concerned upto 19.10.2014 till 23.59 Hrs. No physical copy of application is required to be sent to RRBs.
5. SAME DAY EXAMINATION: Written Examination will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
6. NEGATIVE MARKING: There shall be penalty (negative marking) in written examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
Total No of Vacancy :-
- Sr.Section Engineer / P-Way – 282 seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer/ Bridge – 54 Seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer (Works) – 208 Seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer Drawing (Civil) – 82 seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer A – 3 (Mechanical) (Workshop) – 121 seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer A – 3 Mechanical – 65 seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer A – 3 Carriage & Wagon – 250 Seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer A – 3 Electrical/ Electrical(GS) – 259 seats.
- Sr.Section Engineer A – 3 (Signal) – 121 seats.
- Junior Engineer A – 3 (P-Way) – 517 seats.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical Workshop)/- 446 seats.
- Junior Engineer Mechanical – 242 seats.
Submit ONLINE application separately, one single application for JE Group and/or another single application for SSE Group, if eligible, for the post(s) of that RRB to which he/she wants to apply. Examination fee, if applicable, has to be paid separately.
STEPS TO SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
01. Visit the website of the RRB to which the candidate wants to apply (refer Para 15 of the CEN).
02. Click on the “ONLINE/E-Application” link.
03. Click on the “New Registration” link.
04. Fill in the basic details viz. Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, e-mail Address, Mobile number and Educational Qualification etc.
05. Select the post ‘ Senior Section Engineer’ (SSE) or ‘Junior Engineer’ (JE) as the case may be. If eligible for both a ‘seperate’ application has to submitted for SSE group/ JE group.
06. Follow the instructions and complete the registration process step-by-step for getting a Registration Number & Password.
07. Login using the Registration Number and Password. Fill up other details such as address etc., Depending upon the educational qualification of the candidate, the eligible post(s) matching with the qualification (of the candidate) in that RRB shall be listed out. Similarly if that RRB has vacancies from more than one Railway/Unit, then all such units will also be listed out. Candidates have to indicate their priority/ preference for the post(s) and Railway(s)/Unit(s).
08. Pay examination fee (Rs.100/- only), if applicable, online using Credit/Debit Card or
Internet Banking. Exam fee can also be paid through SBI Branch or any computerised
Post Office after downloading a pre-printed Challan/Pay-In-Slip. Ensure payment of
exam fee is done only during the dates mentioned in the Challan/Pay-In-Slip.
09. Download the blank “Template” by clicking on the link “Download Template”. This
“Template” has the space for affixing your signature, photograph, left thumb impression
and the declaration.
10. Affix your colour photograph (of size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm), clear left hand thumb impression, Signature and also copy the declaration given in your own running handwriting (not in capital / spaced out letters), with blue or black ball point pen (not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen), to the extent possible, in the spaces provided on the downloaded blank “Template”.
11. Scan the duly filled “Template” in colour JPEG format, 100 DPI. Size of the file should lie between 100Kb and 200Kb.
12. Login with Registration Number and Password in the link for “UPLOAD” and thereafter, upload the file/scanned filled “Template”.
13. Candidates belonging to SC/ST who want to avail the facility of free travel authority
(Second Class Railway Pass) have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates
also. Scan the Certificate in the JPEG format. Size of the file should lie between 50Kb
and 100 Kb.
14. Submit the application. Print out the acknowledgement for records.
15. Even after final submission if a candidate wishes to make any modifications, he/she can do so but for any such modification additional fee of Rs.100/- shall be payable. This fee for modification shall be applicable even to candidate belonging to exempted categories
(i.e. SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM/Woman/Minority/economically backward class candidates).
16. To modify application already submitted ONLINE, go to the “ONLINE/E-Application” link on the website of the choosen RRB.
17. Click on the ‘Modify Application’ link.
18. Login using Registration Number and Password.
19 Pay additional fee (Rs.100/-) either online or through SBI branch/computerized Post
Office after downloading a pre-printed Challan/Pay-In-Slip. Ensure payment is done
within the dates mentioned in the challan.
20. Modify the details and submit the application. Take a printout of the revised
acknowledgement for records.
APPLY ONLINE LINK FOR RRBs ARE :
- regarding Website Address, Local Language Options & Tentative Examination Centres also indicated below.
- Ahmedabad www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in Gujarati Ahmedabad, Rajkot
- Phone : 079 – 22940858 Vododara
- Ajmer www.rrbajmer.org Gujarati, Punjabi Ajmer, Jaipur, & Bikaner,
- Phone : 0145-2423292 Jodhpur, Kota
- Allahabad www.rrbald.nic.in —– Lucknow
- Phone : 0532 – 2430472
- Bangalore www.rrbbnc.gov.in Kannada, Tamil, Bangalore, Mysore
- Phone :080 – 23330378 Telugu, Marathi, Konkani & Hubli
- Bhopal www.rrbbhopal.gov.in Gujarati Bhopal
- Phone :0755 – 2746660
- Bhubaneswar www.rrbbbs.gov.in Odia,Telugu Bhubaneswar & Cuttack
- Phone :0674 – 2303015
- Bilaspur www.rrbbilaspur.gov.in Marathi, Bilaspur, Raipur &
- Phone :07752 – 247291 Odia Nagpur
- Chandigarh www.rrbcdg.gov.in Punjabi Chandigarh
- Phone : 0172 – 2793414 / 2793415
- Chennai www.rrbchennai.gov.in Tamil, Telugu Chennai, Trichy,
- Phone : 044 – 28275323 Selam & Port Blair
- Gorakhpur www.rrbgkp.gov.in – Gorakhpur & Lucknow
- Phone : 0551 – 2201209
- Guwahati www.rrbguwahati.gov.in Assamese, Bengali, Guwahati
- Phone :0361 -2540815 & Manipuri
- Jammu -Srinagar www.rrbjammu.nic.in Punjabi Jammu
- Phone : 0191 – 2476757
- Kolkata www.rrbkolkata.gov.in Bengali Kolkata &
- Phone : 033 – 2543 2004 033 – 32917928 Port Blair
- Malda www.rrbmalda.gov.in Bengali Malda
- Phone : 03512 – 264567
- Mumbai www.rrbmumbai.gov.in Marathi, Gujarati, Mumbai
- Phone : 022 – 23090422 Kannada
- Muzaffarpur www.rrbmuzaffarpur.gov.in – Muzaffarpur
- Phone : 0621 – 2213405
- Patna www.rrbpatna.gov.in – Patna
- Ranchi www.rrbranchi.org Odia, Bengali Ranchi
- Phone : 0651 – 2462429 / 2787114
- Secunderabad rrbsecunderabad.nic.in Telugu, Marathi, Secunderabad & Hyderabad
- Phone. 040-27821663 Kannada & Oriya Vijayawada, Tirupati
- Siliguri www.rrbsiliguri.org Bengali & Assamese Siliguri
- Phone. 0353-2663840
- Thiruvananthapuram www.rrbthiruvananthapuram.gov.in Malayalam, Tamil, Thiruvananthapuram
- Phone : 0471 – 2323357 Kannada & Kavaratti
DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS :-
DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER :
Available Shortly ——
Published on jobsnews.co.in
(Click on the Labels below for more similar Jobs)
Subscribe FOR FREE UPDATES ON VACANCIES NEWS by Email